Monday, February 9, 2009

Blackhound Cakes

After a spicy pad thai meal this past friday ; the hungry chicas had cravings for something sweet to balance out our meal. So, we visited Blackhound cakes on second avenue and approximately 10th street.



I had a triple chocolate brownie which was gooey, sweet and very rich just like a good brownie should be. I would have liked a little crunch-maybe some nuts...



I also took home a raspberry chocolate cake and immediately put it in the fridge for my next day eats.



However, I would recommend thawing the cake since the chocolate covering became a bit too hard, almost like the magic shell; if you can remember that stuff. Okay not that I stopped eating, no I continued eating the half of the small cake and then I made the same mistake and put the other half back in the fridge. (not recommended)



About the cake-the raspberry top went well with the dark chocolate shell, the inner layers of chocolate cake had some type of what appeared to be mousse filling interleaved with raspberry jam. It was also rich but not as sweet as the brownie. I think this would be very nice with different types of red wine. Although, the acid from the rasphberry would have to be paired with a spicy wine or something with vanilla notes. I would like that right now...



Overall, I liked this place and I would like to go back to try different cakes to have a full review.

I would give them 3 out of 5 stars...

No comments:

Post a Comment