Friday, October 28, 2011

Gravy

Gravy
Location: 32 East 21st Street, New York, NY 10010
(212) 600-2105
Hours: Sun, Sat 5pm–12am; Mon-Fri 4pm–12am
Southern cooking by Chef Vignola, who you may remember from the show Chopped.





















Well, I bought a Groupon special invited some guests and went to the restaurant on a Sunday evening for dinner.

The picture on the left is the fried green tomatoes with goat cheese. This was delicious, green tomatoes usually have a more acidic flavor that can be described as tangy, different than red sweet tomatoes and in combination with the goat cheese which is creamy and tart, I thought this went nicely. I would have this again! The right is their table share Charcuterie, which really hit the spot on so many levels. There were so many combinations of meats and pickled items that I enjoyed and my guests did too. For dinner we shared the grits three ways, mac and cheese and the corn flake crusted chicken. Now, first thing I thought of when I saw the corn flake chicken was that recipe that used to be on the back of the Kellogg's corn flake box and I remember begging my mother to make it...and I never begged her again because it was terrible. So, I approached this choice with some trepidation and surprisingly it was nothing like the corn flake box recipe. The chicken was juicy and the flakes were crunchy and not too sweet.

Well, the meal overall was very good. I would go again except next time I am hoping to try some of the seafood recipes.

The staff was also very attentive and helpful with suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment