Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Esperanto (brunch)


















Esperanto

145 Avenue C, New York, NY 10009

(212) 505-6559



I had the Huevos Rancheros, which is basically a fried egg on a fried tortilla with fresh salsa. Some Mexican versions of this same dish may have a warm salsa. The meal came with a side of homemade potatoes that were seasoned with paprika and cayenne and it also came with a side of black beans.

The fresh salsa consisted of tomato, red onion, cilantro and chive, it was bright and refreshing. I do not taste any citrus...sadly. The black beans taste homemade but it could also be a doctored up version from the package.

The tortilla was not homemade, but I liked the crunch with the egg and maybe the citrus at second thought would not have been good with the egg.

I am going to get their most popular brunch drink...waiter says they make a great Bloody Mary! Ok let's see.

BTW great day outside while I wait! And Bubs is happy sitting outside.

There staff was very friendly and helpful!!!

I liked this place; I would like to come back at night to see the live music!

I will ask which band is most popular to make a second trip and I will update the blog!

Wow, the bloody Mary is not too strong, but it was spicy, I really liked it! Lots of pepper good balance of tomato, can't taste the alcohol, so that is good. The alcohol should not over power the other flavors.

This place was really inexpensive!!! Can't beat the prices...
Friendly staff, good food, decor and ambiance are just ok, but I still liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment