Thursday, December 8, 2011

Arriba Arriba

After a grueling week at work, I needed a break. Barb cancelled Gravy because she was working late. Since I owed her toys for her toy drive, I decided to buy them and go uptown.

Dark but interesting
Arriba Arriba is a Mexican restaurant in the upper 80s on the East Side. As you can see, they have decor that reminds me of the desert at night - skull included. O_o

Mango Marguerita
We quickly got our mango margueritas in. - Yum. Great drink after a long week.
 After furiously debating over which dish to choose, I went with the mole poblano, in the end. Barb got the camarones al aljillo or shrimp in garlic sauce.
Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
Yellow rice and salad
My Mole was ok. Truth be told, the mole dishes at Mole on 2nd Ave was better. It was somewhat indescribable tasting although it was chicken breast meat but rather uninspired and rather limp tasting. All in all, I did notice it was more non-ethnic crowd. The lone female waitress was inattentive to us but super attentive to all the other tables. We had the nice male staffers taking very good care of us. But the food was just not inspired.
Pollo Mole Poblano
Rice with Black beans

Arriba Arriba
1463 3rd Ave, between 82nd & 83rd Streets
New York, NY 10028
tel. 212.249.1423
Hours: No idea - not on website.
Arriba Arriba! on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment