Saturday, July 14, 2012

A little bit of bliss at Nirvana

For lunch, Dave boxed us into Nirvana, a little Indian place on Lexington.We were literally forced to go because he got a craving for Indian food.

From the outside, it did not look very inviting - dark and cavernous. But once you went up the stairs, you were at a lovely open space with a few tables spaced throughout and very friendly staff. There was minimal clutter and the tables actually was well spaced with plenty of space to walk to the buffet table.

High ceilings give this a spacious feel

Fresh baked naan is served at the table. It is served hot, which is like a big plus. I wish I thought to take a photo of the buffet table but I didn't - so next time I will need to remember to do this.

Fresh baked bread
My heaping plate of yums - the buffet is $12, I think. I took some cabbage fritters, potatoes with chickpeas, saag paneer, rice, chicken tikka masala and something else.

Bunch of yums
Delicious! The tikka masala was white meat with a delicious sauce - chicken was not dry and the sauce was awesome. The saag paneer was uber-yummy with a good blend of spinach and spices which is very delicious. The cabbage fritters actually made me want to eat cabbage...which everyone knows I don't really eat.

I loved the chickpeas with the potatoes and the rest of the items were really delicious. The tandoori chicken was not so good for me so I actually didn't really like this chicken tandoori...but everything else was really delicious.

For dessert was just a tiny bit of selection, the rice pudding was very soupy - but very refreshing and lightly sweetened. The bread dipped in was actually tasty.

Rice pudding

I thought it was quite a bargain - for about $15 bucks each, we ate a lot of different Indian food where as normally, you just get one dish for about the same.

If you liked great and friendly service, Indian food and buffets, then this is the place for you!

Nirvana on Urbanspoon

Nirvana
346 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10016
tel.212.983.0000
Hours:
Sun - Thurs, Lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm, Dinner 5 pm - 10:30 pm
Fri - Sat, Lunch 11:30 am - 3 pm, Dinner 5 pm -11 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment