Monday, April 2, 2012

Ali Baba for lunch

Turkish, anyone? 
In midtown/Murray Hill or just plain Manhattan, you can find a number of decent Turkish restaurants selling the same thing but not quite the same as being in Turkey... But it is indeed decent fare at a semi-decent price for the most part.
As I was craving some Turkish - I decided to order from Ali Baba on 34th St. Usually, I get the chicken adana, which seems to be more flavorful than their kebab. Still nothing beats Istanbul...nothing...for kebabs and bread.
Free but delicious bread
Ali Baba always serves a big - very big serving of bread with their meals. This bread typically is warm, layers of dough and goes very well with babaganoush - an eggplant spread with a garlicky base that is very very good. And I don't like eggplant but I'll eat this...every time!
Babaganoush!
My meal came warm, with salad - and my serving of adana with a big roasted pepper and half a tomato. The tomato goes well with the adana - a nicely spiced piece of white meat chicken. Their rice is most flavorful and delicious !
Chicken Adana with rice and tomato and pepper
Ali Baba
212 East 34th Street 
New York, NY 10016
tel.  (212) 683-9206.
Hours:
Sun - Sat: 11 am - 11 pm

Ali Baba on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment