Monday, July 26, 2010

Lobster Lunch @ Bar XII

So Barb came back to work and we decided to go to eat at Bar XII. See, I had this groupon - you shell out $20 for $40 worth of food and drinks - well, we can't drink during 'work' hours so we just went for the food.

So Michelle had gone there for lunch previously and so we decided we wanted a lobster lunch too. In the summers, Bar XII has a lunch special on Mondays - $16.95 for lobster special.

We met there around 1:30 p.m. (way past my usual lunch hour) and met with Annie and her friend. Michelle came later. lol.

We ordered the lobster specials but were not told beforehand to have them season it Cajun style.

It finally came - a heaping plate of food - lobster cut in half, split open with accompanying side of corn on the cob and a baked potato.

Lobster Lunch

To start with - the potato was bleh...I know it's a baked potato but I've had tasty ones - and ones with lots more butter.

The corn - disappointing. It was not sweet or juicy like the corn I get from the market - it was rather tasteless and I just felt like it was old corn...lol. Barb said it wasn't very good.

The lobster was okay. It was hard to crack open - the shell was not hard - so the cracker didn't do a good job on it...but yeah even the crackers weren't very strong... I know - I'm sort of dainty when it comes to this - having had easy to open lobster at Chinese restaurants where all you do is stick a fork in it and pull out the meat but...yeah...to compare...to compare...lol...

City Crab was way better. Yes, it's more pricey but I feel the cost justified the end. My tummy was really happy there. :P

And City Crab is part of Restaurant Week...*BIG HMMMMMMM*

No comments:

Post a Comment