Monday, July 26, 2010

My birthday Dinner @ Natural Tofu

A few weeks ago, my friends took me out for my birthday dinner and karaoke! It was pretty fun. :)

We went for Korean food - which no one but Nicole and I had before. Interesting...

I took them to a place I've been to with my other pals. Natural Tofu - on 32nd St between 5th and 6th Aves - on the second floor - you can see the diners from the ground level if you look from across the street.

Now - Korean restaurants always serve you freebies -

Freebies - from bottom left - bean sprouts, unknown for next two above - reddish ones were kimchi and last one seemed to be leeks or spring onions... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I mistakenly ordered two scallion pancakes - you really only need one if people like it - maybe two.

Scallion pancake with octopus and scallions! Yum.
The next things ordered were beef fried rice and pork fried rice along with spicy tofu and the beef shortribs...

beef fried rice - the egg is to mix in - hence the hot hot plate and wooden tray...
not sure what this is?
Spicy tofu - need the really spicy one lol...:P
And the beef shortribs which I think I might have forgotten to take a picture of...SORRY!!! That turned out the be one of the best dishes of the night - the spicy tofu was too mild to be yum for me. But that's just me...

Afterwards we did head to Duet Karaoke and luckily we got two hours of singing and some drinks out of it - though the drinks were not good. Sneak your own in if you can...Lol.

Natural Tofu/Seoul Garden
34 West 32nd Street
New York, NY 10001-3800
(212) 736-9002



Duet 35
53 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001-2219
(646) 473-0826

No comments:

Post a Comment