Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brunch @ Rabbithole in Williamsburg

After Barb choose Waffles and Wolf; I checked their menu and noted: Barb will have problems eating here...

I gave Yelp another try. The first time I used it for brunch and it was terrible. Traif - not to our taste. So we gave it another go - and with all the positive reviews, I chose The Rabbithole. And, it's true, I chose it because I liked the name...

I loved the way this place looked but it was very crowded and the spacing was not optimal - bar is too close to tables. There was a brick wall on one side and it is a very narrow space to have a bar along the side with tables.

I knew Barb would complain so I chose the seat by the Employees only door and there were people at the bar but in a crowd. It was too much.

Earl Grey Tea
We both got tea - Barb got Irish breakfast but it was not that hot. She asked for more hot water. I got the Earl Grey - it was not that great - rather weak, in fact. But my cup came piping hot which was great because it was but 5 degrees out today - (felt like it anyway).

After a short debate, I chose the Stuffed French toast - with strawberry and marscapone.
It was disappointingly bland. And the only strawberry came on top of the toast as a sliced decorative piece whilst the marscapone was plopped between two thick slices of brioche. Pretty but not tasty. Luckily, they had the maple syrup - nicely served in a bottle.
Stuffed French Toast

Barb decided on her French omelette. It was another tasteless masterpiece. Barb had to *add* salt and pepper. Usually, she doesn't add any salt or pepper on things. But because she was hungry, Barb finished the whole thing.

Omelette with potatoes, salad, and tomato with goat cheese
It is probably my last time trusting Yelp reviews. :)

Rabbithole
532 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY
Tel.718.782.0910
Hours:
Daily: 8am-11pm
Rabbithole on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment